Here are the latest titles added to our comic pullsheet.
BATMAN BEYOND #1 (MR)
(W) Dan Jurgens (A/CA) Bernard Chang
At last, Batman Beyond gets his own ongoing series in THE definitive future of the DCU! But this isn’t the Beyond you think you know! With the Justice League missing and without Bruce to guide him, this new Batman will need to explore this bizarre world on his own while fighting to raise humanity from an opponent that’s already won.
The heroes Batman knew have failed, the world he knew has been turned on its head, and every step he takes will lead him either toward finding home – or further down the road of disaster!
BAT-MITE #1 (OF 6)
(W) Dan Jurgens (A/CA) Corin Howell
Bat-Mite is here to fix the DC Universe – one hero at a time! Convinced that he’s the imp that put Batman on the map, he’s spreading his expertise all over the DC Universe, eager to boost the careers of heroes he thinks need his “help.” Don’t miss the start of this six-issue all-ages miniseries!
BIZARRO #1 (OF 6)
(W) Heath Corson (A/CA) Gustavo Duarte
“Hate HARLEY QUINN? Then you will super hate BIZARRO! Bizarro star of worstest comic ever! Go ahead and miss it! If there’s one thing this issue not have it these two things: Jimmy Olsen and Chupacabras!” Don’t miss the start of this six-issue all-ages miniseries!
BLACK CANARY #1
(W) Brendan Fletcher (A/CA) Annie Wu
Dinah Lance hits the road! After years as a soldier and vigilante, the LAST place Dinah saw herself is on stage…but she’s quickly learning she’d die to protect the gang of misfits she’s fallen into. And she just might have to – for some reason, the newly rechristened band Black Canary seems to be a magnet for trouble…and Dinah’s not gonna believe it when she finds out the reason why! Martial arts, super-spies, and rock ‘n’ roll combine, from Brenden Fletcher (BATGIRL) and Annie Wu (Hawkeye)!
CONSTANTINE THE HELLBLAZER #1
(W) Ming Doyle (A/CA) Riley Rossmo
The dark adventures of DC’s foremost occult detective continue in an all-new series as he investigates the cruelest case he’s ever come across – his own dark history!
(W) Scott Lobdell (A/CA) Javi Fernandez
In this startling new series, a Metropolis U student gains the power to transform into the monstrously powerful Doomsday! The power may be the key to fixing his life, but every time he transforms he risks getting stuck forever as Superman’s most heinous adversary! How far can he go before he’s doomed?
DR. FATE #1
(W) Paul Levitz (A/CA) Sonny Liew
You thought global warming was bad? Anubis, the Egyptian Lord of Dead, is preparing the flood to wash the world away. Standing in his way? An overwhelmed Brooklyn med student who’s been handed the helmet of Fate, without an instruction manual.
EARTH 2: SOCIETY #1 (MR)
(W) Daniel H. Wilson (A/CA) Jorge Jimenez
The survivors of Earth-2’s war with Apokolips find themselves on a new world, but can Green Lantern, Power Girl, a new Batman and the other heroes of Earth-2 create a new world that’s better than the last, or will their interference and good intentions doom this world, just like the old one?
GREEN LANTERN: THE LOST ARMY #1
(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Jesus Saiz
Imagine waking up in a strange place where you didn’t recognize anything, and everyone you knew and loved was nowhere to be found. Now imagine that you are a Green Lantern. The rest of the Corps is missing, you don’t know where you are and there’s not a Power Battery to be found for as far as your ring can scan. Where are you? How did you get here? Those are just two of the many questions facing our heroes.
Starring John Stewart, Two-Six, Kilowog and Arisia, and featuring a surprise guest-star we promise you’ll never predict, LOST ARMY is an incredible journey of discovery, survival, morality and heartbreak. Never has the Corps been challenged in this way – and not everyone is going to make it home!
HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL #1
(W) Amanda Conner & Various (A) Stéphane Roux (CA) Amanda Conner
Hey, remember the panel gutter between panels 3 and 4 of page 20 of HARLEY QUINN #12? What? You DON’T? It’s only, like, the most memorable panel gutter of the twenty-first century. Well, either way, have we got the miniseries for you, in which the full tale of that momentous and momentary pause can be told!
It’s a cosmic adventure beyond your wildest imaginings: Power Girl and Harley Quinn, stranded in a forgotten dimension, on the homeworld of the amorous warlord Vartox! They’ll sacrifice anything they have to in order to get home…except their dignity! Kidding! That’ll be the first thing to go.
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 #1
(W) Keith Giffen (A/CA) Howard Porter
Travel even deeper into the future than before with the all-new JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001! They’ve managed to become the World’s Greatest Heroes of the 30th century, but with legions of foes gunning for them, can they stay alive long enough to see the year 3002?
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1
(W) Bryan Hitch (A) Bryan Hitch, Wade Von (CA) Bryan Hitch
It’s massive widescreen JUSTICE LEAGUE action and adventure from superstar writer/artist Bryan Hitch! In this extra-sized debut issue, the League comes up against an armada of aliens heading for Earth that claims to be a peaceful religious tribe. But something sinister is lurking in their ranks…something with ties to ancient Krypton!
This amazing kick-off issue is available with seven different open-to-order variant covers by Bryan Hitch, each spotlighting one of seven core members of the JLA, plus an incredible 1:100 seven-panel foldout variant cover that presents all seven open-to-order covers together!
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1
(W) Rob Williams (A/CA) Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira
Shape-shifting Martians are invading Earth – so where is J’onn J’onzz to stop them? Trust no one as the Martian Manhunter tries to stop these ruthless alien terrorists from destroying everything!
(W) Steve Orlando (A/CA) Aco
Spinning out of GRAYSON comes a solo series starring the man who can predict your every move… but no one will be able to predict what he’ll do next! A theft at the God Garden has unleashed a wave of dangerous biotech weapons on the world, and Midnighter intends to put that genie back in the bottle by any means necessary. But something else was stolen from the Garden as well…the secret history of Lucas Trent, the man Midnighter once was!
OMEGA MEN #1
(W) Tom King (A) Alec Morgan (CA) Trevor Hutchinson
The Omega Men are back in an all-new series! They’ve murdered White Lantern Kyle Rayner and now, the universe wants them to pay! Who are these intergalactic criminals – and is there more to their actions than meets the eye?
PREZ #1 (OF 12)
(W) Mark Russell (A/CA) Ben Caldwell
Meet Beth Ross, the first teenaged President of the United States. In a nation where corporations can run for office, the poor are used as human billboards, and tacos are delivered by drone, our only hope is this nineteen-year-old Twitter sensation. But the real question isn’t whether she’s ready for politics – it’s whether politics is ready for her. Don’t miss the start of this new, 12-issue miniseries!
RED HOOD & ARSENAL #1
(W) Scott Lobdell (A) Denis Medri (CA) Howard Porter
These brothers in arms face off against incredible odds while burning their way through the underbelly of the DC Universe – and it’s only a matter of time until they get gunned down in return!
ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1
(W) Patrick Gleason (A) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray (CA) Patrick Gleason
The son of a Bat and a Demon, Damian al Ghul has set out to forge his own destiny – and atone for the shameful Year of Blood! Will he be aided or hindered by the behemoth Goliath? And what mysterious legacy trails behind him? Join writer/artist Patrick Gleason as he chronicles the globe-hopping adventures of ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN!
SECTION 8 #1
(W) Garth Ennis (A) John McCrea (CA) Amanda Conner
The greatest super heroes of all time, unseen since the end of the hit series HITMAN, have returned for the greatest super hero story ever told!
Befuddled hero Sixpack returns to Gotham City, desperate to rebuild the all-star team known as Section Eight in the face of a deadly threat. He gathers old friends Bueno Excellente, Baytor and the seemingly reborn Dogwelder, along with some new faces – but he still needs that elusive eighth member. And that’s when the Dark Knight Detective gets an offer he can’t refuse in part one of this unforgettable six-issue miniseries.
(W) Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti (A) Emanuela Lupacchino (CA) Amanda Conner
From the writers of the outrageous smash hit HARLEY QUINN comes former Outlaw Starfire in her all-new ongoing series! She’s an alien warrior princess trying to find peace on Earth, and she’ll fight anyone and anything to get it!
WE ARE ROBIN #1
(W) Lee Bermejo (A) Rob Haynes, Khary Randolph (CA) Lee Bermejo
Spinning out of the pages of BATMAN! The teenagers of Gotham City have adopted the “R” and made it their own. A new Robin? No, HUNDREDS of new Robins! Don’t miss the start of this new series from rising star writer Lee Bermejo (JOKER, SUICIDERS), who also provides the covers!
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD – FURIOSA #1
(W) George Miller & Various (A) Tristan Jones (CA) Tommy Lee Edwards
High in the Citadel there exists a bio-dome of clean air and pure water, protected from the toxicity and anarchy of the Wasteland. Here the warlord Immortan Joe keeps his most prized possessions – his wives – imprisoned for his pleasure and his insistence that they bear him healthy male heirs.
Then, amid this cruel depravity, an unlikely rescuer emerges…the Immortan’s most lethal warrior: the Imperator Furiosa.
From the mind of George Miller, the creator of the Mad Max trilogy, the prelude miniseries to the upcoming film Mad Max: Fury Road continues!
ANT-MAN: LARGER THAN LIFE #1
(W) Will Pilgrim (A) Andrea DiVito (CA) Jeun-Siik Ahn
• Join Hank Pym, a.k.a. ANT-MAN, as he learns that a little experiment can land him in BIG trouble!
• Can Ant-Man tame something as painfully formidable as the Bullet Ant before it’s too late?! Find out!
• PLUS: Reprinting Tales to Astonish #27 (the first appearance of Hank Pym) and Tales to Astonish#35 (the first of appearance of Ant-Man in costume)!
(W) Jeff Loveness (A) Brian Kesinger (CA) Declan Shalvey
• For the first time ever, the most famous talking-tree-thing in the Marvel Universe is starring in his own series! You might recognize him from Guardians of the Galaxy, the biggest movie of 2014.
• When Rocket and Groot are on an intergalactic roadtrip and calamity strikes, the two get separated – and for the first time in years, Groot’s on his own!
• Written by comedic ace Jeff Loveness (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) and drawn by Marvel Comics newcomer Brian Kesinger (Disney Animation), get a front row seat for EXPLOSIONS, SPACE SHARKS, ALIENS, AND INTERGALACTIC HITCHIKING (YEAH, BABY! YOU READ THAT RIGHT.)!
• Whatever may be coming Groot’s way, one thing’s for sure — it’s going to be a GROOT adventure!
HOUSE OF HEM TP
(W) Fred Hembeck, Jim Shooter (A) Various (CA) Fred Hembeck
• For over thirty years, cartoonist Fred Hembeck has been poking fun at Marvel’s mightiest heroes. Now, some of his greatest works are collected in a giant-sized one-shot that’s bursting with belly laughs!
• Fred relentlessly roasts the Fantastic Four with the help of an all-star cast of artists!
• Fred wipes out the Marvel Universe in the tale they said couldn’t be published (and almost wasn’t)!
• Even Spider-Man and the Hulk are no match for Hembeck’s trademark wit!
• Plus: a cornucopia of side-splitting short strips from the pages of Marvel Age – and an all-new introduction by the man himself!
• Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR ROAST, FRED HEMBECK DESTROYS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN DIGITAL COMIC #16 – and material from HULK ANNUAL ’99; and MARVEL AGE #50, #52, #54-55, #69, #97, #122-123 and #130-131.
SECRET WARS TITLES
AGE OF ULTRON vs MAVEL ZOMBIES #1
(W) James Robinson (A) Steve Pugh (CA) Carlos Pacheco
THE ULTIMATE DEATH SENTENCE IN BATTLEWORLD
• There’s a place that’s so dangerous it’s walled off from the rest of BATTLEWORLD…
• …where WILD ZOMBIES feast on those who’ve been banished for crimes against the state.
• …where cold, mechanical ULTRONS destroy anything that’s human.
• Pity those who get caught between the two, for their death WON’T be fast and painless!
GHOST RACERS #1
(W) Felipe Smith (A) Juan Gedeon (CA) Francesco Francavilla
FURIOUS RACE FROM HELL IN A BLAZING ARENA OF HORROR!!!
• Welcome to the scorching-hot track where cursed souls race at the speed of sin, anything and everything goes and the only rule is no rule–it’s the spectacle known as the GHOST RACES; the most hellish “entertainment” known to BATTLEWORLD!
• 1st place prize: Temporary freedom from the ARENA, but what happens to the unlucky and unholy losers?
• It’s all-out, high-speed warfare among the most bizarre and vicious GHOST RIDERS of the MARVEL UNIVERSE. Expect MANY familiar SKULLS!!
MARVEL ZOMBIES #1
(W) Simon Spurrier (A/CA) Kev Walker
• Elsa Bloodstone is stationed on the Shield, burdened with the Sisyphean task of keeping the zombie hordes from rampaging through Battleworld.
• In those moments where she’s not enrapt in the throes of battle, she meditates on her deceased father…how everything he taught her gave her the means to fight the zombies, but all the love he didn’t give her is what motivated the self-destructive actions that landed her on the Wall in the first place.
• But when she sees a human child caught in the middle of the zombieverse, she’ll muster every ounce of determination she has to throw herself into the zombie horde to rescue the girl.
• And once Elsa finds her, she’s going to have to fight her way back out…
(W) Noelle Stevenson (A/CA) Sanford Greene
• The best and brightest teens from all corners of Battleworld are chosen to attend a prestigious school on the planet’s capital!
• But what does the new class do when they discover the school’s beloved headmaster is actually a diabolical super villain? RUN AWAY!
• A SECRET WARS story like none other from the remarkable minds of Noelle Stevenson (LUMBERJANES) and Sanford Greene (UNCANNY AVENGERS)!
STAR-LORD & KITTY PRYDE #1
(W) Sam Humphries (A) Alti Firmansyah (CA) Yasmine Putri
• STAR-LORD AND KITTY PRYDE–finally in their own series together! But are they TOGETHER together?! And is this the Kitty Pryde that Peter loves or one from a completely different reality.
• This series takes place right in the thick of things on BATTLEWORLD and is sure to be a wild ride!
(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Chris Sprouse
• The Thors of every domain, together in one book! As cosmic cops!
• Whenever there’s trouble on Battleworld, the Thors answer the call. But a string of mysterious murders leaves some of them asking questions that may unravel all of reality!
• A hard-hitting Marvel Comics police drama. With hammers. Lots and lots of hammers.
1602: WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #1
(W) Marguerite Bennett, Kieron Gillen (A) Stephanie Hans, Marguerite Sauvage (CA) Stephanie Hans
• In the altered realms of BATTLEWORLD, Angela and Sera are WITCH HUNTERS, the scourges of King James’ England, 1602.
• In a land beset by magic and monstrosity, they seek a new and seductive evil-not witchbreed, but deal-making FAUSTIANS, who bargain with ancient creatures for unnatural power!
• Moral ambiguity? Fancy allusions? Marguerite making the most of that English degree?
• tl;dr – try 1602 WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #1!
(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Doc Shaner (CA) Alex Maleev
REAL HEROES DIE WITH THEIR BOOTS ON
• SHERIFF STEVE ROGERS faces corruption and fear in the boom town of TIMELY.
• The only thing ANTHONY STARK seems capable of is pulling a cork, so can he pull Rogers’ fat from the fire?
• But…a stranger comes to town that will change Timely forever…for anyone left standing, that is.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1
(W) Dan Slott (A/CA) Adam Kubert
THE LAST SPIDER-MAN STORY
• Not even The Amazing Spider-Man is safe from Secret Wars! In this new Marvel Universe, Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson and their daughter have to scrape by to make ends meet, but they have each other…
• Face front, True Believers. This is the one you’ve been asking for.
ARMOR WARS #1
(W) James Robinson (A) Marcio Takara (CA) Paul Rivoche
A SHADOW FALLS OVER AN ARMORED UTOPIA!
• TECHNOPOLIS: Amazing Domain of science and wonder created by rival genius brothers TONY AND ARNO STARK. A utopia except…a unique disease forces EVERYONE to wear armor to live and breathe.
• In this armored land a hero is murdered and the killer’s identity a mystery Baron Tony Stark must solve.
• But in doing so, will Technopolis be forced into a civil war?
CAPTAIN MARVEL & THE CAROL CORPS #1
(W) Kelly Sue DeConnick, Kelly Thompson (A/CA) David Lopez
• Atten-Hut! These ladies are the best of the best–and will take you down if you threaten their Captain.
• Welcome to Hala Field, where being a part of the elite Carol Corps, requires guts, guile and a whole lot of grit. So put on your uniform and get ready for a high-flying Captain Marvel series years in the making.
E IS FOR EXTINCTION #1
(W) Chris Burnham (A) Ramon Villalobos (CA) Ian Bertram
• What happens when mutants prove they really are Homo SUPERIOR?
• What will happen to the X-Men when they fight for a world that wants to be them, rather than hate and fears them?
• And what exactly is Magneto doing running the Xavier institute??
FUTURE IMPERFECT #1
(W) Peter David (A/CA) Greg Land
ON BATTLEWORLD, THE DICTATOR OF DYSTOPIA IS A FAMILIAR FACE!
• THE MAESTRO rules but there are those who want him dethroned!
• What role does RUBY SUMMERS have in the plan for this dangerous rebellion?
• Have the rebels genuinely found ODIN, the father of The Gods, as an ally against the Maestro?
GIANT-SIZE LITTLE MARVEL: AvX #1
(W/A/CA) Skottie Young
• The toughest, funniest, craziest and most adorable Marvel heroes THROW DOWN.
• Featuring all your favorites including Cyclops, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Wolverine! They’re all there, just shorter!
• Skottie Young brings out the big guns in the series fans have been waiting for!
GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE #1
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Mike Deodato
•A single moon orbits Battleworld. But no, that’s no moon. It’s a space station. It’s Knowhere.
• The head of a dead Celestial, somehow saved in the universal collapse, a colony brimming with convicts and criminals.
• The Galaxy may be gone, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t places that still need heroes. Places that need champions. That need GUARDIANS.
KORVAC SAGA #1
(W) Dan Abnett (A/CA) Otto Schmidt
• Lord Michael Korvac governs the Forest Hills, but his domain is threatened by rival lords, chaotic threats from beyond the Wall, and, worst of all, a dark madness that is spreading through the population.
• Led by the noble Major Victory, Korvac’s loyal Guardians must find the source of the evil before it corrupts the world as they know it.
MRS. DEADPOOL & THE HOWLING COMMANDOS #1
(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Salva Espin (CA) Reilly Brown
• She is Shiklah-undisputed Queen of the Monster Metropolis below Manhattan!
• In the world that was, she married Deadpool, the Merc with the Mouth…
• …But nothing on Battleworld is quite as it was.
• Now, she commands the Howling Commandos: Werewolf By Night! Frankenstein’s Monster! The Living Mummy! Man-Thing! And Marcus the Centaur!
• What would her late husband think of that???
SQUADRON SINISTER #1
(W) Marc Guggenheim (A/CA) Carlos Pacheco
• They’re the WORLD’S GREATEST… VILLAINS. The SQUADRON SINISTER. And they’re taking Battleworld by force in this Secret Wars tie-in for fans of crime epics like The Godfather, The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy. But will controlling one Domain be enough for Hyperion and his gang?
(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Mike Del Mundo
• Welcome to the wildest, most dangerous new corner of the Marvel Universe. Welcome to Weirdworld.
• A world of swords and sorcery and strange, perverted science. A world where one barbarian walks alone, on a dark and savage quest though all things weird and fantastic from throughout Marvel history.
• His name is Arkon. A lost man in a lost world. Follow him if you dare.
X-MEN ’92 #1
(W) Chris Sims, Chad Bowers (A) Scott Koblish (CA) Pepe Larraz
• Everyone’s favorite version of the X-Men from the ’90s is back!
• When Baron Kelly charges the Clear Mountain Project and it’s mysterious new director with “mutant rehabilitation,” it’s up to the X-Men to investigate!
• PLUS: Free Range Sentiels?!?
X-TINCTION AGENDA #1
(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Carmine Giandomenico (CA) David Nakayama
• Ten years since the fall of Cameron Hodge and his fascist regime. Ten years that Havok and Wolfsbane have labored to rebuild Genosha. But their work may be for naught, as a plague has spread across their nation, infecting mutants and threatening their race with extinction.
• With the country quarantined and seemingly abandoned by the rest of the world, including the X-Men, old friends may become new enemies as Genosha’s rulers fight to save their people!
• Experience an alternate future fueled by the events of the landmark first X-Crossover of 1990, X-Tinction Agenda!
YEARS OF FUTURE PAST #1
(W) Marguerite Bennett (A) Mike Norton (CA) Arthur Adams
• In the dystopian nations of BATTLEWORLD, the mutants of New York City must fight to survive the rule of the Sentinels!
• At their center is Kate Pryde, a heroine tried and tested by war, and mother of the last mutant ever to be born before the purges of the Mutant Control Act!
• With revolution on the wind, the X-Men are not a broken team with nothing left to lose, but a desperate family with more at risk than ever before!
8HOUSE: ARCLIGHT #1 (MR)
(W) Brandon Graham (A/CA) Marian Churchland
A lady of the blood house has had her mind trapped in a strange alien root-body. She’s hiding on the outskirts of her kingdom until she learns that the alien monster pretending to be her has returned.
The first issue of a shared fantasy universe. Sharp genderqueer knights, blood magic, music, dancing, and a goose.
AGE OF REPTILES: ANCIANT EGYPTIANS #1
DARK HORSE COMICS
(W/A/CA) Ricardo Delgado
Ricardo Delgado’s gorgeous and brutal Age of Reptiles series returns, marking a bold new direction in wordless storytelling! The steaming swamps of Cretaceous Africa teem with prehistoric life and primordial danger in a tale filled with villains, victims, and one of the most dangerous and unpredictable protagonists ever created: the lonely antihero Spinosaurus aegyptiacus!
AIRBOY #1 (OF 4)
(W) James Robinson (A/CA) Greg Hinkle
Worlds and minds explode in a brand-new series!
When acclaimed comics author JAMES ROBINSON (Starman, Fantastic Four) is hired to write a reboot of the 1940s action hero Airboy, he’s reluctant to do yet another Golden Age reboot. Just what the hell has happened to his career-?! His marriage?! His life?! Hey, it’s nothing that a drink can’t fix.
It’s after one such night of debauchery with artist GREG HINKLE that the project really comes into its own. Quite literally. Because Airboy himself appears to set the two depraved comic book creators on the straight and narrow.
But is the task too much for our hero?
ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS
(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Fiona Staples
Comic superstars Mark Waid and Fiona Staples reimagine an icon! Change is coming to Riverdale in this can’t-miss kick-off to Archie’s new ongoing series! Familiar faces return in new and unexpected ways in this must-have #1 issue! As the new school year approaches, you’d think Archie Andrews would be looking forward to classes and fun-but nothing is as it seems in the little town of Riverdale. But is this a one-off or a sign of bigger changes awaiting for America’s favorite teens – and the entire town? Find out in this exciting and remarkable first issue!
ASTRONAUTS IN TROUBLE #1
(W) Larry Young (A/CA) Charlie Adlard
The series that brought THE WALKING DEAD artist CHARLIE ADLARD to the attention of ROBERT KIRKMAN has a new home at Image Comics!
In 1959, the Channel 7 News team covers a routine homicide that leads them to a mysterious rocket base in Peru filled with Russian spies. All in a day’s work for the most trusted newsmen in America. They couldn’t know their day’d end up with a hot pilot, a fast ship, cheap beer, and spacesuits!
BLACK HAMMER #1
DARK HORSE COMICS
(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Dean Ormston (CA) Dave Steward
Once they were heroes, but the age of heroes has long since passed. Banished from existence by a multiversal crisis, the old champions of Spiral City-Abraham Slam, Golden Gail, Colonel Weird, Madame Dragonfly, and Barbalien-now lead simple lives in a timeless farming town. Even as they try to find their way home, trouble has a unique way of finding heroes wherever they are!
BROKEN WORLD #1 (OF 4)
(W) Frank J. Barbiere (A/CA) Christopher Peterson
What’s to Love: We’re thrilled to publish the one new original series co-created and written by Frank J. Barbiere (Five Ghosts, Avengers World) in 2015. Broken World is a gripping sci-fi thriller and survival adventure great for fans of Y: The Last Man or The Massive. Barbiere and co-creator/artist Christopher Peterson (Grindhouse, Mayday) will explore the lives of people left behind in the apocalypse.
What It Is: With a meteor days away from causing an extinction-level event on Earth, time is running out for Elena Marlowe. While most of the planet’s population and her family were approved by the government to escape on one of the giant spaceships headed to another planet, her application was denied due to her mysterious past. With the meteor fast approaching, Elena desperately tries to find a way to fake her way onto
(W) Rob Liefeld (A) Matt Horak (CA) Rob Liefeld
In ancient times there was no weapon more devastating than The Ark of The Covenant, containing a power that collapsed enemy nations and destroyed hostile invaders. The Philistine army, led by General Thane, seeks to crush the Israelites as they populate the surrounding territories. A bold move on the field of battle robs the Israelites of their mythical weapon, empowering their most deadly enemy. A young priest, Samuel, determines to steal back the Ark and assembled a group of mercenaries to aid him in the most daring raid in history. An untold tale of the Bible that shifted the balance of power in history.
CURSED PIRATE GIRL SPECIAL ANNUAL 2105 #1
(W/A/CA) Jeremy Bastian
What’s to Love: Jeremy Bastian’s intricate artwork is unlike anything in modern comics, and his first Cursed Pirate Girl graphic novel has garnered wide critical acclaim. Now he’s back to bring readers the next chapter of the Cursed Pirate Girl’s adventures in this over-sized annual in the vein of Alice in Wonderland meets 19th-century political cartoons.
What It Is: The fiery Cursed Pirate Girl and the young Apollonia continue their search for the pirate girl’s father, one of the pirate captains of the dreaded Omerta Seas. This is the first annual installment of Volume 2 of Cursed Pirate Girl with 52 pages of all-new story.
DEATH SENTENCE LONDON #1 (MR)
(W) Montynero (A) Martin Simmonds
The smash-hit sex-and-superpowers epic returns, with a brand-new artist and an all-new ongoing series that picks up where the bestselling graphic novel left off! London is in ruins, psychic manipulator Monty is ripped in half by failed musician Weasel, and rabbit-hatted invisible artist Verity is missing, presumed dead! As England pulls itself back from the brink, new G-positive powers are popping up all over! As martial law and forced abstinence prey on the mind of the London Mayor, the American alphabet agencies are watching the London warzone with interest – and special agent Jeb Mulgrew might be next to be thrown into the fire!
EMPTY ZONE #1 (MR)
(W/A/CA) Jason Shawn Alexander
JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER of “CONVERSATIONS WITH THE DEAD” returns with an ALL-NEW SERIES!
In this sci-fi/horror saga, Corinne White attempts to reconcile with the ghosts of her violent past, literally, as she trudges through a world of dystopian cityscapes, reanimated corpses, & ganglands full of animal human hybrids.
EVIL DEAD 2 #1 (MR) BEYOND DAWN BY DAWN
SPACE GOAT PRODUCTIONS
(W) Frank Hannah (A) Barnaby Bagenda, Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Chris Summers
Evil Dead 2: Beyond Dead by Dawn picks up right where Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell’s movie left off! “Dead” Annie Knowby get plunged into Hell. Armed with the Kandarian Dagger and the Ex-Mortis, Annie fights off hordes of Deadites (and Ash’s severed hand!) in her quest to save her parents’ souls. But will the book and the dagger be enough? Certified Groovy!
FICTION #1 (OF 4)
(W) Curt Pires (A/CA) David Rubin
What’s to Love: Curt Pires (POP, Mayday) is a fountain of fascinating ideas, and we’re excited to publish his latest offering, The Fiction. Fans of titles like Locke & Key and The Unwritten will take to its story about a group of childhood friends who discover doorways to other worlds through a set of strange books. Bringing this story to life is David Rubín, who Paul Pope dubbed ” …a big talent and the real deal.”
What It Is: Four childhood friends discover a box of strange books that, when read aloud, can transport them to the beautiful, imaginary worlds described within. But when one of them goes missing, the others vow never to reveal where they’ve been and what they’ve seen. Years later, when one of the remaining kids, now an adult, also mysteriously disappears, it’s up to the last two of the group to dig up their dusty books to find him and finally figure out what happened to their friend all those years ago.
FREEKS SQUEELE #1 (MR)
(W/A/CA) Florent Maudoux
What’s to Love: Continuing Archaia’s tradition of producing English translations of some of the world’s best stories, Freaks’ Squeele combines elements of European comics, manga, and American superhero comics into a fun story that fans of X-Men, Teen Titans, and Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner’s Power Girl may enjoy.
What It Is: Chance, a demon girl, Wolfshade, a werewolf, and Xiong Mao, who has no superpowers at all, are all students at superhero university. They have no respect from their peers or professors, but they just may be the only thing that stands between civilization and the strangest, spookiest monsters you’ve seen in any comic!
GHOSTBUSTERS: GET REAL #1 (OF 4)
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
When a confrontation with the elder God Proteus goes awry, Peter, Ray, Winston and Egon will meet… THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS!
HME: LIGHTER THAN AIR #1
(W) Bill Jemas & Various (A/CA) Julian Rowe
A happy family, a lovely spring evening, and Zombies. Some of this series transpires in the Night of the Living Dead universe, most does not. None of the film’s creators are involved in our creative.
JUSTICE INC. THE AVENGER #1
(W) Mark Waid (A) Ronilson Freire (CA) Alex Ross & Various
Meet Richard Henry Benson – the Avenger! His pallid features forever deadened by a criminal act, he is the ultimate master of disguise and uses his skills to mete out retribution to those who would prey on the innocent! But can even Benson triumph over an Invisible Man…? Fan-favorite writer Mark Waid – who is hotter than ever thanks to his work on Daredevil and Star Wars: Princess Leia – brings his personal favorite pulp hero back to comics with all-new, explosive adventures!
“Having the opportunity to dive into the psyche of a crimefighter as unique as Benson has been a lifelong dream,” says Waid. “I’ve been thinking about what his life and mind would be like ever since I read my first Avenger paperback back in the day. How does a man live his life when he has nothing to live for but justice? How does he navigate in a world of life and love and joy when his own features are frozen and stiff like putty, mirroring his cold, dead insides? I’ve been aching to write this story!”
MIDNIGHT SOCIETY: THE BLACK LAKE #1
DARK HORSE COMICS
(W/A/CA) Drew Johnson
Forty years ago, England’s greatest adventurers cast aside their friendship, making a choice that would come to haunt humanity. Now, secret agent Matilda Finn will face the consequences of that choice as she aids in a frantic rescue operation at Scotland’s Loch Ness, where something terrible is waiting to draw her into the fight of her life!
RISE: SISTERS KEEPER #1
(W) Bill Jemas & Various (A) Kurt Tiede, Federica Manfredi (CA) Apple Qingyang Zhang
They’re coming to get you Barbara. An old story with a new end and a new beginning. Some of this series transpires in the Night of the Living Dead universe, most does not. None of the film’s creators are involved in our creative.
(W/A) Howard Chaykin & Various (CA) Matt Wagner
For 100 issues, The Shadow has known what evil lurks in the hearts of men. To commemorate, Dynamite Entertainment brings together master storytellers to celebrate the purveyor of justice who proves that crime does not pay. Join MATT WAGNER, HOWARD CHAYKIN, and FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA as they pen and ink stories so mesmerizing they don’t even need a girasol! Also joining us will be The Shadow alumni MICHAEL USLAN, CHRIS ROBERSON, and VICTOR GISCHLER, paired with top artists, to show the weed of crime bears only bitter fruit! This is ONE centenarian celebration you WON’T want to miss.
SIXTH GUN VALLEY OF DEATH
ONI PRESS INC.
(W) Brian Hurtt (A/CA) A.C. Zamudio
It is a time before THE SIXTH GUN. Yet, the darkness and corruption that precede the coming of The Six are in their season. The Crossroads is broken. A door to the Spirit World is ajar. And what has slipped through threatens all of creation. It is up to the reclusive witch, Buzzard Wife, to gather the tribes and form a Hunting Party. With the help of the legendary White Wolf, she will lead this elite group of shamans, scouts and warriors into battle. Into legend. Into the Valley of Death.
STRANGE FRUIT #1
(W) J. G. Jones, Mark Waid (A) J. G. Jones
What’s to Love: Two of the industry’s most respected and prolific creators come together for the first time in a deeply personal passion project. J.G. Jones (52, Wanted, Y: The Last Man) and Mark Waid (Irredeemable, Superman: Birthright, Kingdom Come) take on a powerful, beautifully painted story set during the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927. Strange Fruit is a challenging, provocative examination of the heroic myth confronting the themes of racism, cultural legacy, and human nature through a literary lens, John Steinbeck’s classic novel, Of Mice and Men.
What It Is: It’s 1927 in the town of Chatterlee, Mississippi, drowned by heavy rains. The Mississippi River is rising, threatening to break open not only the levees, but also the racial and social divisions of this former plantation town. A fiery messenger from the skies heralds the appearance of a being, one that will rip open the tensions in Chatterlee. Savior, or threat? It depends on where you stand. All the while, the waters are still rapidly rising…
STARVE #1 (MR)
(W) Brian Wood (A) Danijel Zezelj, Dave Stewart (CA) Dave Stewart, Danijel Zezelj
UTENSILS DOWN, HANDS UP! WELCOME TO STARVE!
Once the world’s most famous chef, Gavin Cruikshank’s been in a self-imposed exile for years. His little foodie television program has since evolved into STARVE, an arena sport that pits chef against chef for the pleasure of their super-rich patrons. It’s a stain on a once-noble profession, and Chef Gavin is ready to go to war to stop it. Two things stand in his way: his arch rival Roman Algiers, and his adult daughter Angie, who probably just wants her dad back and acting normal.
Whipsmart world-building and a creative dream team (DMZ, The Massive, Star Wars, Loveless, Hellboy, The Sandman) come together for a brand new monthly series!
SWORDS OF SORROW: DEJAH THORIS & IRENE ADLER #1
(W) Leah Moore (A) Francisco Manna (CA) Jay Anacleto
A team-up set up by SWORDS OF SORROW’s Gail Simone, featuring the writer that she hand-picked: Leah Moore! Irene Adler has been many things in her young life, a fugitive, a master of disguise and a femme fatale, but even she is surprised to find herself made bounty hunter, tracking savage foes across the grimy streets of London. In a far off world, defending Barsoom against an influx of trespassers, Princess Dejah Thoris is ready to put the guilty to her sword. Now, the world-colliding events of SWORDS OF SORROW have brought these dangerous women together… and the fate of planets hang in the balance!
TALES OF HONOR BRED TO KILL #1
(W) Matt Hawkins (A/CA) Linda Sejic
Set in the Honorverse from the bestselling military science fiction novels by DAVID WEBER, this is the first-ever completely original comics story arc! Honor Harrington’s uncle, last seen investigating a Vegas-like space station for its use of Mesan genetic slaves, is now missing and she takes a leave of absence from the military to find him deep in Solarian territory.
21st CENTURY TANK GIRL #1 (OF 3) (MR)
(W) Alan Martin (A) Jamie Hewlett & Various
Jamie Hewlett returns to Tank Girl! After a break of 20 years, artist extraordinaire Jamie Hewlett (GORILLAZ) is leaping back on the Tank Girl wagon, re-teaming with series co-creator Alan Martin to bring you a whole new take on the foul-mouthed, gun toting, swill-swigging hellion! Featuring riotous 100% original content from Hewlett & Martin along with contributions from a host of series stalwarts and newcomers, get your head down, put your hands over your private parts, and prepare for a chaotic collection of strips, pin-ups, and random carnage!
Z-MEN NERVOUS IN THE SERVICE #1 (OF 3) (MR)
(W) Jeff McComsey (A/CA) Kurt Tiede
Dead and/or alive. LBJ orders the Secret Service to bring him back a Zombie. Some of this series transpires in the Night of the Living Dead universe, most does not. None of the film’s creators are involved in our creative.